Arrangement: Kol Nidre for Solo Viola

I have been playing this solo viola version of Kol Nidre for years and years of Yom Kippur services, and I decided that this year it is time to share it with other string players (to play next Yom Kippur--or simply to play for non-religious reasons). I have put transcriptions of it for violin and cello on the IMSLP, but it sounds best on the viola, of course.

I also made a useful mix and match transcription of this for two wind instruments in either C or B-flat.

3 comments:

(wife.) said...

Thank you SO much! I just found out that there won't be a pianist at the service I'm playing at tomorrow, so I was thrilled to find this. Best wishes!

Mira said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so happy to have this alternative to the Bruch transcription for viola. This saves my day. You're an angel! Shana tova!

Elaine Fine said...

Thank you, Mira! Shana tova to you too!